Therapist Neurodiversity Collective, Inc,™
– a trailblazer in neurodiversity-affirming therapy, education, and advocacy since January 2018!
Our innovative lecture topics and classes are aligned with a Neurodiversity-Affirming Paradigm, interconnecting cutting-edge contemporary research, autistic lived experiences, and ethical guidance with meaningful, practical applications for improving self-determined quality of life for autistic and other neurodivergent people.
- High-quality, low-cost online professional development courses with attendance certificates for therapists and educators, and other professionals centered on evidence-based, trauma-informed ethical therapies, educational approaches, and services.
- High-quality, low-cost online educational classes for the general public concentrated on respectful, non-behavioral ways to support autistic people’s dignity, autonomy, access to meaningful inclusion, and physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Neurodiversity-Related Continuing Professional Development Hours
These professional development courses are designed for providers and educators and include certificate of participation.
- Evidence-based – courses include a list of all of the research citations to support presenter recommendations
- Additional resources – pdf copies of slides and any accompanying handouts
- Autism in the classroom – evidence-based, trauma-informed support
- Comprehensive research-based topic exploration
- Assessment, goal writing, and implementation
- Neurodiversity-affirming special education services on a PBIS / PBS campus
- Coming in 2023 – Certification: The Neurodiversity-Affirming Conceptual Practice Framework for Social Communication (Roberts, J. © 2019 – 2022)
Promoting Autistic Well-Being & Belonging - Support & Advocacy
These classes are designed for autistic and non-autistic people, including self-advocates, parents, family members, and caregivers of autistic children and teens.
- Understanding autism – what it is and isn’t
- Trauma-informed connection and support giving
- Promoting mental well-being and quality of life
- Informed advocacy: In schools and therapy settings
- ABA – why not and what are the alternatives?
- Helpful vs harmful therapy goals – what and why
- Why the adults need the behavior intervention plan
- What leads to restraint and seclusion in the school setting and how to reduce the probability
- Attend a Live Webinar Event. If you missed it, don’t worry. You still have access to the recording for the next 14 days.
- On-demand online courses to view at your convenience for 180 days from the date of purchase.
- Arrange a bespoke on-site or virtual event for your organization with Julie depending on availability.
Innovative courses developed and presented by:
- Autistic researchers, and researchers who co-produce research with autistic and neurodivergent people
- Licensed and/or credentialed neurodiversity-affirming providers, educators, and other professionals
- Autistic and Neurodivergent self-advocates; representatives from self-advocacy organizations;
- Allies from aligned organizations
- AAC users